Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Australia only please. I heard someone I used to know was killed last year. How do I find out if this is true?

Why Australia? These techniques work everywhere:





ring around friends


do news searches on the internet


look up local paper funeral notices at the local libraryAustralia only please. I heard someone I used to know was killed last year. How do I find out if this is true?
call 'em up... if they dont answer or if their mum does and says 'they died last year' then you'll know...Australia only please. I heard someone I used to know was killed last year. How do I find out if this is true?
Each state has a registry of births, deaths and marriages - it's called something different in each state - NSW for example is NSW BDM (www.bdm.nsw.gov.au). They will be able to tell you if the death has been registered.


Alternatively, try the local police (as you said ';killed'; police may have been involved), the school your friend went to (they often know) or your friend's family.


I hope for yours and your friend's sake, that this rumour is not true!
Google their name - their death notice should be in the paper, and possibly it was reported. Look on The Australian, The Age or Sydney Morning Herald websites and search the death notices.





Or contact Registry of Births Deaths and Marriages.

No comments:

Post a Comment