Wednesday, February 10, 2010

PLEASE HELP ME.....Is it true that I will never get used to hard lenses?

ive had them for 2 weeks now, how much longer?





i have toric hard lenses....they feel more comfortable since 2 weeks, but how much longer....i still feel the edges of the lens by the pupil!!!!!!! btw..its the first time i wear contacts and i was told to have hard lensesPLEASE HELP ME.....Is it true that I will never get used to hard lenses?
why couldn't they put you in toric soft lenses? I have a terrible astigmatism and I wear acuvue advance torics. They are wonderful and I barely feel them. I would call your eye doctor and tell them about it. You could be doing damage to your eyes and not know it.PLEASE HELP ME.....Is it true that I will never get used to hard lenses?
This is the most difficult gas permeable lens to fit and also to get used to.


Can your doctor not fit you with toric soft lenses?
call the eye doctor.
I wore lenses for more than 30 years, almost all that time hard lenses. I may go back now that there are new designs that correct for astigmatism.





After 2 weeks, you shouldn't often be so aware of the hard lenses. You build up a slight callus on the upper and lower lid and eventually become almost unaware of the lenses. As far as I know, while some soft lenses are advertised as wear-able while you sleep, that's not the recommended practice. Perhaps the state of design now has advanced enough it's considered OK, but when I last paid a lot of attention to this topic, I recall the eye docs saying it was not the healthiest idea.





If you are having much discomfort, have your eye doc check the fit of the lenses. You may not have an exact fit. With hard lenses, that's very important.





And, of course, some people are more sensitive to lenses - you might be one of them.
Only if you can get used to having your finger in your eye ALL DAY!


Try that 1st - before buying the hard lenses
I never did.

No comments:

Post a Comment